Friday, February 7, 2014

Day 15

Wow. I can't believe I've been doing this for 2 weeks. I think it's so easy because I'm not tempted to cheat. The fat and protein are keeping me full, and what carbs I do have are mostly fiber, so things are moving slower but smoother. I'm still eating at most of my favorite restaurants,  with just about everywhere willing to accommodate my little requests. No rice, a whole egg instead of just the white, extra salsa or fatty sauce, etc.

I haven't been back to a "burger joint" yet, but I haven't really missed it. I've been eating a lot of  Mexican and Chinese food,  but no rice or noodles. I have to be careful with beans, because the carb count could get nasty if I don't pay attention. The black beans that I had for lunch gave me a net carb count of 12, with 11 grams of fiber.

I'm eating a lot more meat and above-ground veggies, and haven't had any root veggies besides carrots. No fruit. No bread. No taters. I found low carb tortillas,  so I'm going to make some breakfast burritos on Sunday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment